Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

It just happened to me. Could it be the sensor in the

Customer Question

It just happened to me. Could it be the sensor in the throttle body just needing cleaned and oiled? And does the sensor really require a new gasket?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. A faulty sensor on the throttle body will not cause the engine to not turn over. Additionally, sensors are not oiled in any fashion. This sounds more like a starter or battery issue. If you had a sensor issue you would have codes. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The battery terminals are a bit dirty. I'll clean them off but it starts fine when it's cold. Just not warm. Then if it does start it will die unless I keep the gas at 2500rpm for a bit

Is the check engine light on when it is running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't belive so. My "ultra Guage" says there are no trouble codes. I'll check in a few hours when I'm back and get back to you. Thanks.

ok