Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2011 Toyota 4 runner. have been using the 4 gh range days

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2011 Toyota 4 runner. have been using the 4 high range for several days due to driving in continuous snow and ice in Montana. The 4 drive indicator light is now flashing continuously.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The vehicle will shift into and out of*****with no problem The indicator light for 4 lo and the light that show the outline if the vehicle and tires just flashes continuously. I even disconnect the battery cable overnight seeing if thaings would reset.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Have you tried 4-Low to see if it works?

This may be the switch, the transfer case control module, or if 4-low isnt working, the encoder motor or internal.

Please remember that I am not there and therefore rely on you for as much detail as possible

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The*****works in both 4 high and 4 lo. The dash lights for*****flash constantly even in*****
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, so no loss of 4wd. I believe this is going to be a faulty 4wd position switch indicator, but not 100% sure because of no other symptoms. I am going to opt out and see if another expert has an idea on this

Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked to see if any codes are set at all?