Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years of exp. 10 with ford on my third with all other makes.Just love cars
35496794

What else can cause a 52 code on a 1990 Toyota camry, other

Customer Question

Customer: what else can cause a 52 code on a 1990 Toyota camry, other than a knock sensor?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced the knock sensor and cleaned all terminal ends
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Do you have the VIN on it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Vin number is *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Call me at(###) ###-####after 12:00pm EST. Thanks, Jimmy.

Sorry, I am not set up for that at this time. The data base says Code 52 Not used in this year. Are you using a scanner to get that code?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I used a jumper wire.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm getting a code 52 what is that on a 1990 Camry 2.5 V-6?

The data base says Code 52 Not used in this year, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

.

.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

Code 52 is for knock sensor circuit fault does not mean that you need a knock sensor but there is fault in the wiring to it.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

Pretty simple 1 wire that goes from pin 14 at ecu to the knock sensor needs to be ohmed out and checked for short. remove ecu connector locate pin 14 white wire and check for power if no power then not shorted tp pwr. disconnect at knock sensor then ohm out wire from ecu to sensor connector if good and knock sensor has already been replaced you need a ecu if wire is open run a new wire from pin 14 to the sensor. Good luck hope this helps. Please remember to Accept and Rate my services.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

How is the yota doing. Please remember To Rate my services and Accept Thanks.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 11 months ago.

Thank You