Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Hobson, I took my 2005 4-runner to have a head lamp replaced

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Hobson, I took my 2005 4-runner to have a head lamp replaced as well as the front glass. I know they removed the battery for headlamp replacement, but now the rear glass & wipers do not work. Is this an easy fix?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: A gravel truck threw rocks and damaged my front window, at the body shop they removed the battery to replace the right head lamp and since then the rear window will not go up or down and wipers do not work on the back.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Ok
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 11 months ago.

Fortunately this is an easy fix. What has happened is when the battery was remove the rear window lost its auto timing which by default stops the wiper. With the key in the on position using the window switch on the instrument panel push and hold the down position on the switch until the rear window goes all the way to the open position and hold it for three seconds then go immediately to the up position and hold it until the window closes then continue to hold for three seconds. That will reset the window then see if the window operates normally and see if the wiper works.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It worked! Thank you so much, it is raining cats and dogs here and I need things to work.

You are welcome glad to help. Have a Merry Christmas. And if you have not done so please do not forget to rate the assistance that I provided to you at three or higher and any bonus is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Skyvisions, you are awesome! You just saved me a sixty mile round trip drive in the downpour. I will definitely refer all my friends to this site. Thank you again!

You are welcome make sure that you tell your friends and if you need additional assistance to ask for me skyvisions, specifically in the question otherwise they may not get the best of the best :-)