Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

The audio radio just stopped while driving my 2010 Prius

Customer Question

Customer: The audio for the radio just stopped while driving my 2010 Prius today.. The screen still illuminates. When I stopped the car and restarted it played for 7 minutes until I got home....the screen showed nothing unusual. However, 4 hours later, I started the car and after 10 minutes, the audio mysteriously ended again. This time when i stopped the car and restarted the radio, it came for 2 seconds, then cut out. ..A definite speaker sound like a pop was heard when it went out. I'm figuring a loose connection?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now it doesn't play anymore when the car is started....just the display lights up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what is described here and with what I have seen in the past before this sounds like the sound amplifier fault.I have seen the sound amplifier fail/act up in the past before like this here getting worse as the fault progresses and required replacement.I suspect this is the case here on your model.I would have the amplifier tested to see if it is at fault for sure here and replaced.It sounds like a loose connection issue but the sound amp itself will cause this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete