Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

IHAVE A 2005 TOYOTA sienna and all of a sudden the sliding

Customer Question

IHAVE A 2005 TOYOTA sienna and all of a sudden the sliding passenger door, the lights on the rear hatch, the clock on the dash, the remotes, and the passenger air bag would not work.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no more questions
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

Let's start by checking all fuses

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I checked all fuses and they are all ok.

okay we are going to have a major break in the wiring somewhere. Has any work been done recently or accident or parts replaced anything you can think of

I am going to review the wiring schematics for your vehicle and try to determine the most logical place of a break and calculate us a point to start testing. Do you have a voltmeter, scan tool to begin this are you interested in fixing this yourself

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I looked every where an could not find any loose wires or bad connection. That is all I plan on doing to the car. Without a voltmeter I am lost.

Your right but let me do a bulletin search and examine patten failure records to see if this may be something frequent or known about

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok tks.

Sir a review of factory bulletins and recalls showed up nothing. The marjority of the electrical concerns on your van were parasitic drains and the factory bulletins also nothing close to your complaint. And your right without the proper test equipment, your at a wall.