cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater

Customer Question

I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater control valve is not opening but if I remove the cable i can manually move the lever and open the valve and then I get heat. It seams to me that the problem is not with the valve but rather whatever moves the cable. I am not car savvy. I have also noticed a few month back a humming noise every time the van is started that lasts for about 30 sec. could this be related?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the cable has become disconnected from the control head or the control head has failed, the humming noise is probably unrelated. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the control head? Is that a part of the control valve or the servo motor I don't understand your answer

The control head is the part with the switch and controls for the heater on the dash