cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater

Customer Question

I have a 2001 sienna that is not blowing heat. The heater control valve is not opening but if I remove the cable i can manually move the lever and open the valve and then I get heat. It seams to me that the problem is not with the valve but rather whatever moves the cable. I am not car savvy. I have also noticed a few month back a humming noise every time the van is started that lasts for about 30 sec. could this be related?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 11 months ago.

Most likely the cable has become disconnected from the control head or the control head has failed, the humming noise is probably unrelated. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after the rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the control head? Is that a part of the control valve or the servo motor I don't understand your answer

The control head is the part with the switch and controls for the heater on the dash