Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2008 Prius. I got into the car and pressed the

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Prius. I got into the car and pressed the power button, the message screen where the radio is went blank and all of the yellow warning lights came onand the red triangle. I could not put the car into gear what can I do
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 11 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Check the condition of the 12 volt auxiliary battery in the trunk, if you do not have a voltmeter or charger try to jump start it, this is typically due to a dead or discharged aux battery, let me know if you need help on how to jump start or charge the battery.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Does the hatchback model have a trunk? How do you jump it?

You can jump it under the hood, open the fuse cover near the left headlight, there is a small red cover with a plus sign on it, open it and attach the positive cable from the other battery to the post, ground the other cable to any metal unpainted surface.