Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2009 toyota camry, with 6 cd changer mounted behind

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2009 toyota camry, with 6 cd changer mounted behind the gps. 2 cds stuck in unit and gps will not open.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the cds are stuck in the unit, when i try to eject the front gps panel does not open. When I turn on the car you can hear the cd unit trying to cycle the cds.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Remove the negative battery cable when you get home in the evening. A minimum of 4 hours later reconnect the battery cable. This will reset the changer. if this fails to allow getting the CDs out then the the position sensor inside it is faulty and the unit will have to be replaced.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do I disconnect the hybrid batteries or the battery in the engine compartment?

You would disconnect the starting battery under the hood.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris