Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla and the past month it's

Customer Question

i have a 2003 Toyota Corolla and the past month it's been sounding like its struggling a bit to start. Once it turned off completely as I was backing out of my drive way and this past wknd I was out of town and couldn't drive it, so when I came back it
wouldn't start up all the way. It took a couple tries and he's for it to turn on. I took it to jiffy lube because it needed an oil change. That's when they told me my battery is good but my alternator tested bad and to take it to auto for free testing. I took
it to two different ones. One said the battery tested bad and didn't test the alternated because of that. Second one said both battery and alternator tested good. I was hoping to find some answers on here as to what it could be. So far it's been running ok,
but I just want to get an idea as to what could cause it.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say it is slow to start are you saying it cranks over slowly and not at the normal rate. If that is the case then you do likely have either a weak battery and or a failing alternator. You need to take it back to your local Auto Zone and have them check the battery with a load test as well as the alternator charging out put voltage and they also need to perform a starter draw test. In most case they will perform these test for you at no charge.