Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician with over 30 years of experience, including Toyota and Toyota Hybrid.
24034660

I have a 96 t100 I wrecked it it was on its side week it

Customer Question

I have a 96 t100 I wrecked it it was on its side for a week it wont start it's like its not getting fuel I sprayed starting fluid in it and it tried
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 1 year ago.

Hello: To start with, Where is the damage on the vehicle at? And did it start with staring fluid?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right front fender just a little bit I was only going about 15 mph the road was washed out it just layer on its side ,,,,it would hit with starting fluid. But not start

Have you checked to make sure all fuses are good in the under hood fuse box, as well as inside ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the main fuse under the hood. But that's about it ,,,so there is no emergency fuel shut off in case you get in a wreck

No, Did you check the EFI fuse ? When you say main fuse do you mean the 80 amp fuse? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just checked the one that said fuel ,,,is there one that controls the pump in the cab

Inside there are 4 fuses that need to be checked ecu-b,15amp fuse ecu-ig,20amp fuse ign,7.5 amp fuse and eng 10amp fuse Thanks please advise

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I get off work I will check all my fuses I will get back to you thanks again ill let you know for sure

Sounds good, I will watch for your responce this evening. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The 15 amp fuse under the hood it was the efi fuse it was blown no other fuses were still won't start. And I checked the blown fuse to see if it did it again and it didn't

Did you check the 4 other fuses inside the vehicle, The fuse panel on the drivers side (the ecu-b 15amp fuse the ecu-ig 20amp fuse, the ign 7.5amp fuse and the eng10amp fuse)? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pulled every fuse and checked them all

Sorry I just plugged my phone into charger, Have you tested to see if there is a spark coming from end of boot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no spark

Have you checked to see if any of the wiring has gotten pinched or damaged from the body damage? and crankshaft sensor/cam sensors are not broken or?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't but I will do there was very little damage it just crinkled that finder a tad but I will check on Saturday. When I'm off work in the day like ill get back to you for sure. Thanks for your patience its snowing here

Its been snowing here on and off also, Take a good look at the main relay in the under hood box, (if efi fuse was burned) This controls the engine system Thanks, ***** ***** me advised!