Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Having an issue with my 2002 manual Toyota corolla. I was

Customer Question

Having an issue with my 2002 manual Toyota corolla. I was driving yesterday and shifted into second. The gear popped out and the car will still drive but it seems to be stuck in third (judging from the slow takeoff). What could the issue be?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
stick will move forward and backward but not left or right. moving forward or backward does not change the gear.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no need to call, pushed button on accident.
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Corolla.

Have you had any repair work recently, like on the transmission or front suspension?