Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name's phil. my 2008 prius won't start. the indicator

Customer Question

Customer: hi. my name's ***** ***** 2008 prius won't start. the indicator lights go on. but the engine will not start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the lights are not dim, the indicator lights go on and stay on. there is a constant beeping as well.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

This may be due to a discharged 12 volt auxiliary battery located in the trunk, have you tried jump starting?