Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I oen a RAV4 2008 and my engine is always raving up to

Customer Question

I oen a RAV4 2008 and my engine is always raving up to 2500rpm when on park and neutral. The check light and 4WD are on the dashboard. My car is also vibrates a little but always. The compressor makes rattlING noise when left on in traffic. Please help.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to know where to begin to determine what has failed the first thing you need to do is to scan the computer system to see what the fault code and or codes are that are setting when the check engine and 4WD lights are coming on. If you can get this done and post back with the fault codes I will try and help you determine the cause. The compressor ratting is a separate issue and not related to the other problems you are having.