Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I have this 2009 Toyota Matrix the car heater would not warm

Customer Question

I have this 2009 Toyota Matrix the car heater would not warm up for 15 minutes after driving it I have changed to Pharma stats on the car ones are supposed to be safeguarded it to keep it from overheating and both times I change the thermostat this car overheats and it was not overheating before it just the heater would not warm up
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for posting

Are you the original owner or did you buy the car recently?

Was there are thermostat in it before you put in a new one?

Have you checked the electric cooling fan for the engine? Does it run when it gets hot?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We've had the car for years had a pharmacist at in it and electric fan Mark and as I talk to defrost blows out like air conditioning
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry about that spell correct the fan works it had thermostat when it gets hot the defrost is like AC and stay that way weather it hot or not

Thanks, ***** ***** problem is that the defrost air is not hot, is this correct?

Does hot air come out of the other vents?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The air comes out the other vent and the car worked good after you go over for 15 minutes before the heat would come into the car and it had no overheating problems but it wouldn't set and heat up and defrost the windows or he come into the car about just turn it on to warm the car Now that I've changed it started changing thermostat no he did all in the car overheats and I watch the YouTube video on it to make sure I had done everything right on the thermostat change and it's one of the file safe thermostats from Auto Zone both of the ones that I had bought and put into it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The car works good after you drove it for 15 minutes no overheating and heat works great I See to spell correct got me Again

That's ok, I'm just trying to understand what the problem actually is so I can help so please just tell me in one sentence what the problem is.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You must be a computer cuz evidently you not able to tell me anything thanks you don't have to tell me that one sentence
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Different expert here. DO you still need assistance on this request? If son, please feel free to reply.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yeah you just supposed to get $20 if you was able to help somebody with there are problems with their car you didn't help do s*** you got your $20 anyway you better not touch my account again or I go to the Better Business Bureau because I have all the text showing you didn't do s***

I apologize for your frustration. If you still need assistance, I am here to help you. If I understand you correctly, you have an issue withthe cooling system. Most likely, it is a pocket of air trapped inside the water pump impeller. The Autozone thermostat is probably responsible for this. The factory thermostat is recommended as it has a special valve built into it to assist withthe removal of trapped air pockets.