Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Vibration on acceleration 65-75mph

Customer Question

Vibration on acceleration 65-75mph
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the wheel bearings/hub assemblies checked this needs done.If a fault is found with one or more of the wheel bearings or hub assemblies the affected components will need replaced.If this has already been checked have the engine and transmission mounts checked for any damage in any way needing replaced.If all of these have already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All of these checked. The vibration only occurres upon acceleration over 65 mph and continues to 75 mph the subsides. Cruising within that range is smooth. The vibration exists whether manually accelerating or on cruise control.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Have you checked for any loose or damaged or bent exhaust components at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, but I wil. If this is not the issue, what would you suggest doing next?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

With all that has been checked and done already for this issue here I would start with having the exhaust and exhaust components checked for issues and if these are all o.k. the only other thing I can think of on this here is a fault with a damaged output shaft in the transmission or worn output shaft bearing causing this vibration at these speeds only.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete