Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I replaced my turn signal/parking light, I blew a fuse

Customer Question

I replaced my turn signal/parking light, I blew a fuse marked fog light in the engine compartment, replaced it, but now my parking lights will not come on. I probed the parking light wire and there is no power. Is it another fuse or a relay? I also want to wire my LED halo headlights into the day run lights and parking lights?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. This sounds to me like the TAIL fuse is blown; it is not in the engine compartment; it is on the panel under the dash on the driver side.

It is not advised to run any accessory off of the DRL circuit. Use the parking lamp circuit. The DRLs use 4 different relays. You would do well to bypass the DRL circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought there would be another fuse as well, there is no fuse panel under my dash only a knee airbag, I looked everywhere for it. I have a fuse called tow/tail in the engine compartment, it is a 30 amp fuse but was not blown I still replaced it anyway. Any suggestions on where the other fuse box might be?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

look under the dash on the extreme left. right column. 7th socket down from the top.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it. I knew there was one somewhere! I just couldn't find it. Thanks

You are very welcome. A positive rating for my assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for choosing Just Answer.