Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2014 tundra and it has an annoying voice announcing

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2014 tundra and it has an annoying voice announcing the speed limit everytime i go over the speed limit, or the speed limit changes. how do i disable it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2014 tundra SR5. the announcement says " the speed limit is 35 mile/hr" every time i go over that speed. or when the speed limit changes, it announces the new speed limit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.

Hi. There is a setting that can be changed in the navigation menu to stop that. I can not recall exactly the steps to change it. But I know the procedure is outlined in the owners manual. Let me know if you can locate the procedure in the manual. Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, that doesnt work. i only have Entune Audio Plus, not premium. it does not have turn by turn navigation. i have the navigation app, but it only shows me a crude map of the area, no directions, etc.

Ok. Does it happen only when your phone is bluetooth connected?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know. I've always had my iPhone linked when driving it. I've only had it about a week. Are you suggesting that I try it without my phone connected? Might that make a difference?

Yes. It might be something through a phone app. It is worth a try.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok I'll try it in a few minutes.

Ok

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, still did it when I turned off my phone and it was not connected.
Now what?

Does the plus system have the apps?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No. It only has weather and a very roudementry traffic button.

Ok. I have no more info on this. I would consider checking the owners manual. The other thing I wonder is, how does the vehicle know the speed limit? It has to be from a satelite program, like sirius traffic alerts, or a navigation program.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you don't have anybody else with more knowledge about the entune audio plus? in my 2014 tundra.

Another expert here might. I will open up the question to the expert list.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thanks very much. I hope I don't have to pay again??
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Try this procedure here and see if your model first has these options to do this and second if this works and let me know.Let me know either way so we can continue if we have to.

Go to Apps -> Setup -> Voice then select turn off voice prompts.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No, it doesn't work. I tried it.
FYI, I figured it out. I'll Let you know so you can help the next person with a similar problem.
The truck has an aftermarket navigation system (navi extras) that works with the factory entune system. But it hides in the background. There is no app button or anything in any screen that identifies it. You have to touch and hold for 3-4 sec a blank portion of the app screen and the navi screen will pop up. There you can turn off the speed warning voice....... And further manipulate the navigation program. Then to turn it off you have to touch and hold the app screen again and it goes into hiding. You would never know its there.
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for the input on that.I will keep this in mind for future reference and it is great to hear you have corrected the issue here.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here if you like.

Thanks Pete