tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns a repair shop....25 years
14541291

My 2001 camry 4 cylinder will cut out under acceleration,

Customer Question

Customer: My 2001 camry 4 cylinder will cut out under acceleration, check engine light will flash. no faults are stored in the computer. Tonight it died slowing for a stop. It will die sometimes when hitting a bump, but only for an instant. Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I have my code reader attached, it runs fine. Even under heavy acceleration.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cleaned all ground wires, the pump checks ok. according to the Toyota manual that I have for the car. The fuel pressure is 50psi and it holds it for the ten minutes that the manual says. I have installed new plugs and coils. A new fuel filter. The injectors have the proper resistance according to the manual. as well as the throttle position sensor. I have installed new o2 sensor.
Expert:  tims auto repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

sometimes when the engine light will flash like this and you get a miss-fire,this may be a problem with a clogged catalyst converter.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gekuck8090f3z4e/1212-toyota-DTC%20P0300.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/gekuck8090f3z4e/1212-toyota-DTC%20P0300.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help