sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Gh idle 2000 corolla starts at 1325 on cold start, then

Customer Question

high idle 2000 corolla starts at 1325 on cold start, then climbs to 1500 and above as high as 1800. what gives? cleaned mass airflow, as well as idle control valve. any suggestions?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

A high idle is most often caused by a vacuum leak, it could also be a failed IAC or an issue with the throttle position sensor signal. If the TPS signal voltage is high either due to a failure of the sensor or a wiring issue then it will cause the engine controller to think the throttle is open when it isn't, so idle speed will be higher.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to check for fault codes. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No codes. I did find holes in evaporated lines to rear, still working on replacing lines. The engine I got is out of a prism. I suspect that the intake is not sealing and possibly throttle body. Will start with lines and work my way for ward.

Let me know how it goes!