Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Have a 05 sequoia w po418 and p4225 only the first start of

Customer Question

have a 05 sequoia w po418 and p4225 only the first start of the day then goes to safe mode. I can reset codes after warm and no lights while warm and no safe mode.(safe mode= 45 mph no execeleration etc)
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
was in middle of paying and cant get comp to send my forgotted password?/ cant go back to tech with my quest????/
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 11 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JUst Answer. Please allow me to assist you. You are correct, the P0418 code refers to the air injection system. There are two technical service bulletins on this issue. The dealer is correct, replacing the air injection control driver. That was the remedy from the first bulletin. Toyota has found that the driver replacement does not always fix the issue. The second bulletin refers to replacement of the air injection pumps. Until this issue is rectified, you will experience Limp Mode. You can look up the bulletins: EG-027-7 and T-SB-0230-12 via a Google search. Proper diagnosis is highly recommended here. Air Injection pumps are extremely expensive; you can spend over a thousand dollars here easily. Before you do anything, call the Toyota Customer Experience center at 1-***-***-**** and give them your 17 digit vehicle identification number, Tell them you have air pump failure issues. Toyota has extended the warranty of some vehicle models and years (not all of them). If your vehicle is covered under thsi warranty extension, the air pumps will be replaced for Free.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer