Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My 2007 camry air condo is not blowing air. Sight glass

Customer Question

My 2007 camry air condo is not blowing air. Sight glass shows activity, fan guage shows activity but no air movement
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Can you see the blower motor running?

If you pull the cabin air filter out and turn the AC blower on you can usually see whether the blower is spinning.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will check
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Do you have a multi-meter to check voltage to the motor?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not with me. Blower is not spinning but the outside/recycle mechanism works find
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

1. Check if the HTR relay in the Instrument Panel J/B clicks as the blower switch is turned on and off with the ignition switch on.

2. If it clicks, then check the 50 amp HTR fuse in the Engine Room R/B No.2. If that fuse is good, then at the HTR relay check for voltage on terminal 5 and if there is voltage with jumper wire jump from terminal 5 to 3. Then check for voltage at the blower motor Black wire.

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional info.

Also, don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The problem seemed to have migrated from no blower to no blower sometimes.
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I'm willing to bet that if you thump the blower housing while it is not working it will spring back to life. That means that the blower motor's brushes are worn and are occasionally not able to get the motor turning. A little bump and it will free them up enough to get it to spin again.

You might also turn the blower to full speed. If it works on full speed every time, but not lower speeds then the blower control diode is bad.

Do you want instructions on how to change either of these parts?

Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Just wanted to check and see if you need any additional info.

Please let me know if you do, and if you are ready to rate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Happy New Year!So far its has not failed again so I am not sure what was hindering its performance
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

That sounds great, Maybe it just had some carbon buildup in the motor and it has cleared out.

Please let me know if you need more help if it decides to quit again.