cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

2013 prius V Security indicator flashes when all else is

Customer Question

2013 prius V Security indicator flashes when all else is off, car wont start, dash board doesnt light up. Head lights are strong, jumped it for 15 min?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 11 months ago.

Somehow the anti theft has been triggered try locking and unlocking the doors with the fob, if that does not work ,manually lock and unlock the passenger door with the key, If that doesn't work, turn key on engine off, for 10 minutes, if all this fails, either the battery has failed internally, or the anti theft will have to be reprogrammed at Toyota. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers..

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There is no "key on engine" to turn off. I was trying to set my lock settings so that my driver door would open without having to push the button on the entry key and I shut all options that were on to Off so I could work backward, and thats when it wouldnt come on. Ive tried your other suggestions

At this point I am going to opt out and see if someone else has some useful input. Someone else may be able to assist you better shortly.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
will that be on this same thread and $20?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it says withinn 24 hours, that doesn't help me at all. I'm towing it in tomorrow which will cost me $200, so I hope to get a more confident answer tonight, soon I hope

Yes, it will not cost anything additional, I am just out of suggestions, without being there to do some necessary testing I can not accurately advise you. Hint: You can purchase a AAA subscription with unlimited tows for less than $100 per year.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All I had to do was hold the key next to the power button!! You didn't even to seem to know that the PRIUS was a push button start? A big waste of $20 and no one ever followed up. So, it sucked