Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My clock lights and radio lights on my 2010 tundra go out

Customer Question

My clock lights and radio lights on my 2010 tundra go out when I turn the headlights on..it is not because the dimmer is turned down either
Category: Toyota
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

Have you had the radio replaced recently?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No everything is factory installed
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The unit is a 2010 tundra....with the lights in normal operation...( they turn on an off automatically) the radio light and the clock and out side temp read out on the dash will not light up...BUT when I turn the lights off all of those things will glow from the light.
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

unfortunately I am not set up for a phone call. I need to consult the wiring schematic. I will be back with you shortly

Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

after consulting the wire diagram I have a few more questions.

Are the only two lights affected the clock light and the radio illumination? All other dash lights, console lights etc work fine?

any other things on the vehicle that don't work?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The radio lights do not come on with the headlights in the automatic position no does the outside temp display on the center of the dash....they only come on if the lights are in the non auto setting!!!
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

and in the automatic position these are the only lights that don't work?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

does it have navigation?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
No
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

after looking at the wiring diagram I don't see a similar path that would affect just the radio and the clock. there is a accessory meter that is in the system but I don't see that affecting just those two items without other items being affected. I also assume that anybody has done any recent dash work or related work.

I am going to open up this question to see if any other experts have any ideas about what could be going on here, Hopefully a Toyota technician will be available.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hopefully I will get my 20 dollars back...
Expert:  CARTECH replied 12 months ago.

if you would like a refund you can contact customer service, If you still need help, another expert can try to help you resolve your issue.

please don't reply directly to this thread as it keeps it open and not available to other experts