Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I bought an 1990 Toyota Camry, Automatic on the floor that

Customer Question

HI, I bought an 1990 Toyota Camry, Automatic on the floor that had been taken thru deep water. In detailing it I discovered the in cabin fuse box and ecm caked in mud. I removed the fuse box and thourghly cleaned and reassembled, the layers only to discover I had left one layer out.. that is the diagram I need. pls help, it runs but poorly, I thought I was being so careful but that ADD always gets me in the end. The car only has 70 k miles and one owner til the last 5k. . Thank You Martha
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I also cleaned up the ECM and friend who builds computers checked the transistors or resistors ( replacing a few he could get at the electronics store, you know the one with different color bands) and confirmed relay switches work. I have faith we can bring this back! Previous owner finally admitted it had been under water but said he didn't think to mention it since it dried and worked fine for him, which it sort of did originally did for me except for not wanting to consistently down shift so I "Cleaned" fuse box and ECM, Now it won't shift into higher gears consistently. I ended up trying to get a used box and ECM one but they weren't an exact match and it ran very poorly. so went back to originals. apparently this year had 2 styles of each box and ECM. My VIN is 4T1SV22E1MU400609
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately Toyota dose not offer any steps for the assembly of the fuse panel and if the fuse panel is actually bad you are best served to replace it . Your best bet would be to locate a salvage unit and get the fuse panel from it. As far as cleaning the old ECM , that dose not usually work. Once its been under water in most cases it will need to be replaced. Your best served to replace it with a re-manufactured unit as well.