Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4, hazard lights work but turn

Customer Question

Customer: hi Jason my name is***** a 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4, hazard lights work but turn signals do not at all, completely dark, does relay switch control both or are they seperate
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: located flasher beside steering column and it is clicking when 4ways are on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Dj replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for trusting us with your question. I'm DJ.

First off, there's two fuses, one for the 4 way flashers and the other is for the turn signals. The one for the turn signals is 10 amp and is under the dash on the left side.

The flasher is the same for 4 way as turn signals, so that's not the problem.

Either the hazard switch or the turn signal switch could cause the problem.

So the first thing to do is check the fuse. Then for the next step you'll need to locate the wiring that goes to the combination switch (headlight and turn signal switch). There's three wires to locate.

Green with a blue stripe.

Blue with a red stripe.

Green with a yellow stripe.

Jumper either of the green wires to the blue wire with the key on. You can use a paper clip bent into a U shape or just a piece of wire.

Hooking the green-blue to the blue-red wire should cause the left turn signal to work.

Hooking the green-yellow to the blue-red should cause the right turn signal to work.

Let me know what happens when you do this test and we'll figure this out.

DJ