Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

1997 Toyota pick up. Flashing red light under the dash just

Customer Question

1997 Toyota pick up. Flashing red light under the dash just below the emergancy brake handle, local mechanic says he has seen this many times. It is the anti theft device and the cover has fallen off, we can find it to put it back on so the truck will start.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

This is an aftermarket immobilizer. Follow the wires to this light and you will find a non Toyota module. If you remove that and fix all the wires. the concerns should be resolved.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris