Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

The warning tone ( belt or lights - same sound) goes on when

Customer Question

The warning tone (for selt belt or lights - same sound) goes on when the car is turned off (not when on it's fine) all of sudden. Only thing that changed it is possible something got wet as sunroof was cracked open on carwash.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem may very well be related to something having got wet when the window was left open and if that is the cases the problem may clear up on its own once its had time to dry out. If not then the next step would be to have the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get a fault code and post back with it we can work from there.