cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

I have been having a few different issues with my car

Customer Question

I have been having a few different issues with my car stalling. Its a 07 Scion TC. It started stalling when I was using my high beams, every time I would flash my high beams, turned them on, or used my blinkers it would drop the rpms down to zero like it lost power then come back to normal rpms. Sometimes it would be more severe to the extent of the car completely stalling, all the lights on the dash would come on, the radio would shut off and on, the headlights would dim, and when the car would stall and tried to restart it, it would start but when I would try and put it back in gear it would completely stall again. I have already replaced the alternator as well and load tested the battery.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

Most likely this is a short circuit occurring in the steering column, probably internal in the multifunction switch under the steering wheel,but it could also be a short circuit in the wiring inside the steering column, regardless the steering column is going to have to be dis assembled to discover the issue. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.