Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have a 2007 Camry and the battery drains over night at

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Camry and the battery drains over night at this point. I have had it in the shop several times and they never figured it out. I've have fought it for five yrs. I bought it used with few miles. Now 73,000 miles. I hate this.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 12 months ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Not knowing what the shop has actually done or checked I have to start with some basic questions, have you checked the following yourself?

Make sure no lights are staying on, dome lights or trunk light

tail lights or brake lights or side marker lights do not stay on

If any aftermarket accessories are installed (GPS,audio equipment or amplifier,add on security systems etc) disable or disconnect them and see if it helps.

After that the actual current draw on the battery should be tested with a digital volt/ohm/ammeter connected in series with one of the battery posts and the cable, if you want to do this I can help with that providing you have the meter I mentioned.