Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

My car has a flat battery and I need to get it to Toyota at

Customer Question

My car has a flat battery and I need to get it to Toyota at Wooloongabba tomorrow morning.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

Hello

I'm assuming that you can't get into the car?

A flat battery can mean you can't get the deadlock or alarm system to release its grip

I'd start by charging the battery as you can't get into the car/boot the other way to do this is jack the car up so you can get under thefront.

Locate the startermotor and the large power cable that runs to it - connect the positive batterycharger lead to this terminal

then connect the charger negative lead to the metal of the engine block

This should complete the charging circuit and get some power into the battery allowing you into the car

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.