Genchi Genbutsu
Genchi Genbutsu, Toyota Master Technician
Experience:  Toyota Certified Master Diagnostic Technician, ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Engine
17930070

My gh beams and fog lights (same bulbs) both went out on my

Customer Question

Hello. My high beams and fog lights (same bulbs) both went out on my 2008 Toyota Solara. Globes look to be OK. What do I check next?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Solara.

Do you know if the fuses that the mechanic checked were good?

Did the repair shop check for power (12v) at the bulb connector? What did he/she get?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Stand by. I am checking with that mechanic over the phone now.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finished talking to him now. He had checked the fuse, OK. He did pull one of the bulbs out and it was burnt and globe was broken out. He had reported it, doesn't know why I didn't get the info back. But he said while both burning out is unusual, it is burnt out so that's where to start. Doesn't have them in stock but that's the next step.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Genchi for being available as a resource. Guess I will order some of these light bulbs, and hope that whatever burnt both of them out was a random thing.

I think that it was random as this is something the we do not see as being a problem. If it does happen again then you will want your mechanic to check the headlight switch as the cause. This is the only common item that these two light sources share. I hope this helps and please know that I strive to give Excellent Service when you rate my help (1-5 stars).