Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Ted- I have a 2013 Toyota sienna. I have smelled a slight

Customer Question

Hi Ted- I have a 2013 Toyota sienna. I have smelled a slight burning smell when I turn the car off- not like oil or rubber, and check vsc and abs light came on
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

Hello, thanks for posting

Since the check engine light is on as well that's the first place to start a diagnosis, when it turns on it causes the other lights to turn on be design. I'm going to ask you to have the engine control module scanned to retrieve the diagnostic codes, in most states in the US auto parts stores like autozone, pep boys, O Reilly can help with this at no charge to you, then please return here and let me know what the code numbers are that they found.

Visually check under the hood and underneath the vehicle for anything unusual, leaks or disconnected wirring or hoses, check to make sure the gas cap is on tight.

Looking forward to your reply, thanks.