Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

Prius 2005 battery replaced red triangle light still on wit

Customer Question

Prius 2005 battery replaced red triangle light still on wit VSP and others how to reset lights?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a scan tool to check for codes set in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
code that keeps coming back is ----- p3000
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Any sub info codes on the 3000 code? Anything other then the P3000

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just p3000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone available it's dead and grease from burger on pants one of those days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On my iPad lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also never experienced this before but after battery install driving on highway and noticed the car seemed like it was driving fine and then like the gas gave up and went back to normal a lot like it had trouble shifting or getting gas idk it's weird can u help
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify you did get the orange high-voltage battery plug installed correctly? This is a three-step procedure. Unfortunately the P3000 code is a very general code. The car has been driven normally since the HV battery was replaced? In order to diagnose that code further you need the sub information three digit codes that would be accompanied by it. The 3000 code just means there's a general fault in the hybrid battery system. You need the sub information codes in order to determine what exactly is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the 12 v battery was replaced not the other one and I'm not sure what plug we are talking about
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

You have not done anything with the HV battery you only changed the 12V battery?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Remove the 2 battery cable ends from the 12v battery then isolate from the battery and place a jumper wire across the cable ends for 10 min. Then reinstall to the battery and see if the P3000 code is set. If not drive again and see if the code comes back. If it does there is a problem in the HV battery and I will need the Sub info codes set in the HV system to determine what is going on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do when I get home out now and will respond tonight talk later or tomorrow will try thx
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

OK