Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I have a 2008 prius. 207,300 miles on it. It won't start,

Customer Question

I have a 2008 prius. 207,300 miles on it. It won't start, and it was working fine just 30 minutes ago. The lights of the dashboard don't come on, and I can lock and unlock the doors just fine. What can do at this point? Do I need a jump? If so, how do I go about doing that?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

When you turn and lights and wipers on do they come on and appear to be working normally or they operating slowly and are the lights dimly lit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lights are on dimly and wipers do not work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Based on your description it sounds like the 12 V battery is below the threshold or about 11 bolts that needs to be in the system to activate the system and relays to cause the engine to start or ready on. You need to get a jumpstart this can be done directly to the 12 V battery which is located in the trunk underneath the plastic shelving on the right rear corner. Or if you open the hood and remove the fuse box lid along the left inner fender area you will see a lid with a red + on it pop the cover off this lid you can put the positive jumper cable onto that terminal then put the negative number cable or black cable onto the frame rail or inverter bracket right there under the hood.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I may contact further if the jump does not work
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

OK