Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I am wondering if you can help me. I have a 2008 Toyota

Customer Question

Hey, I am wondering if you can help me. I have a 2008 Toyota Tundra. Recently the RPM is not working and the brake light and ABS light are on. Also, the charger int the car is not working. Do you know why this could be?
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also brought it to see if any codes were coming up and no codes are.
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the RPM gauge is not working, I suspect a failed tachometer or loose connections behind the instrument panel.

If the brake light and the ABS lights are on, you should have an ABS code present. It is most likley you cannot see any codes because yoru scanner may not be compatible with this truck, or, the scanner is incapable of reading ABS codes. This is very common.

Regarding the charger, are you speaking of the alternator or one of the power outlets? Please advise. Thanks.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer