Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

My driver's side window seems to have come off the clips?

Customer Question

my driver's side window seems to have come off the clips? that keep it level. The front have dropped down below the back.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome ot Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The window glass is held onto the mechanical lifting regulator assembly via 2 10 mm bolts. It is highly likely that the front bolt has come loose, or the front portion of the lifting regulator may have broken. The bolts loosening is rather frequent; the recommendation I have for you would be to pull the door panel off. Carefully center the window horizontal and lower it so you can see the retainer bolts. If one is missing, it will be inside the bottom of the indie of the door. When replacing it, use a small drop of BLUE (not red) threadlocker to prevent this in the future.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer