Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

I need to disconnect the back-up camera in my 2014 corolla

Customer Question

I need to disconnect the back-up camera in my 2014 corolla Toyota?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking to just to disable the camera?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to let someone take a drivers test in my car tomorrow and can not have the camera on
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

I can locate the connector to disconnect it but be advised the body ECU will still turn the display on it will just show up blank. Is that what you want to do for sure?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a fuse to turn the whole radio/ camera off?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Standby

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you locate the connector to disconnect it? I guess that would work as long as you can not see what is behind you in the camera.
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 year ago.

Okay the only connector that makes any sense is the connector directly on the camera itself. Every other connector involves other components. You will not be able to disable this by simply pulling a fuse for the radio or the camera because it's all tied together and then the radio would not work. The trunk lid there about 10 or 12 plastic clips. Once you have the clips removed by pulling the center portion out This will give you access to the 6 pin electrical connector on the camera itself push down on the lock tab to remove the six pin connector. This may set codes in the body ECU but should not cause any warning lights to illuminate.