Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

The antenna on my 2004 Sienna broke off in the car wash. Is

Customer Question

The antenna on my 2004 Sienna broke off in the car wash. Is it difficult to fix myself?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Do you have the power antenna or the solid mast antenna? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not a power antenna.

Thank you. If the antenna is removed regular (before car washes), it should be easy to remove the broken part. If there is any remnant of the mast, take vise-grips, latch on to the part sticking up and twist it counter clockwise.

if there is not enough to grab with vise grips, a small pointed chisel will work; tap the edhe of the broken piece with a small hammer; tapping the broken part counter clockwise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There isn't anything to grip onto.It seems to be broken off flush.

If the chisel tricks does not work, drill a small hole into the broken piece and tap in the smallest E-Z Out you can find. If you cannot find one that small, a left hand thread metal scre will work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I get it out so I just buy a replacement. Is there new wiring involved?

before either of these methods, spray WD 40 onto the broken part to loosen it up.

You will need to run the new wire form the base of the antenna to the radio. That is not a very easy job.

If you get the broken part out, all you need is a new metal mast; no wiring involved. Just screw the new mast into the base

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guesss I will just put up with the static then.Or listen to FM

Would you happen to have a Dremel Moto-Tool?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son has one. I'll work on this. I was mostly hoping that I wouldn't need to do any new wiring

No wiring involved if you get the mast out. The antenna is two pieces. A mast and a base. The base has the wire. If you take the Dremel, and scroe the broken part, you will be able to get a screwdriver into the slot you cut with the dremel. Use the black fiber cut off wheel. A used wheel is better than a new one, as the used on is smaller and easier to get into the broken part.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer