EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

Please help all of a sudden out of clear blue car will not

Customer Question

please help all of a sudden out of clear blue car will not hold oil it pours out please help have special needs child has drs apptmts everyday
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. There are sealers but if the oil is so bad that it just pours out, then that might be to big of a hole for a sealer to repair. To you have any idea where the oil is leaking from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope what would be the source where it would leak so I can check
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

First check the oil pan for any signs that it may have rusted through. And check the oil filter area. That can loosen up or rust through if not replaced in a long time. Also check the oil pan drain plug. A loose drain plug or hole in pan, will leak with the car sitting there. A loose filter or blown oil pan gasket will leak when the car is running. If you want to get it to a mechanic you need to evaluate how much of a leak you have before deciding if you can fill it with oil and drive it.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response on 12/1/2015 at 9:13:44 AM 4 day(s) ago. Thank you for using Just Answer and please rate my service provided. Thanks.