Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

How can I fix the P1442 of Toyota Sequia 2006?

Customer Question

Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me ot assist you. The P1142 code equates to a problem or problems in the Air Injection system. This is a rather complicated diagnosis, and the air pump, if replaced, can be very expensive. Given the cost of the air pump (over a thousand dollars), you would be best advised to allow a Toyota professional to diagnose this for you and give you a recommendation. Usage of the Toyota scan tool is also necessary to diagnose this code. Not all 'generic' scanners can perform the needed functions that re required during the course of a P1442 diagnosis. The recommendation here, to save money in the long run, would be to let a pro look at this. You do not want to bolt on a new pump to find out the problem is still there.