Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

05 corolla p0303 new plug and coil new plug is fuel fouled

Customer Question

05 corolla p0303 new plug and coil new plug is fuel fouled had replaced am2 from a no start condition like your post of 2 years ago ran fine until i cracked a coil doin spark plug replacement 103000 miles started and ran fine shut off and decided to clean battery terminals restarted ran 30 secs and stalled then blew fuse aw2 runs with 303 code new coil new plug is fouled
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If you are blowing the AM2 fuse, you have a bad coil somewhere. it may NOT be #3. All of the coils share the same ground circuit. You could have a bad number 2 coil that is allowing voltage to spike into the #3 coil and kill the spark. Inside of each coil there si a diode that prevents voltage and the ground circuit from interacting. It is common on older coils to have this happen, and, it is very common on non-factory coils to have this also. The recommendation I have for you on this request would be to swap coils around (not too hard to do). Start by putting the #2 coil into the #1 cylinder tube. Clear your codes and retest. If the AM2 fuse blows, disconnect all of the coils and plug them back in and crank one at a time. When the AM2 fuse blows again, throw that coil away. Replacement coils should be genuine Toyota coils.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer