Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

After putting a new battery in my Toyata Rav4 the car didn't

Customer Question

After putting a new battery in my Toyata Rav4 the car didn't acceleration when put the car in Drive
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. I am sorry you are having this issue. Is the car available for a quick visual inspection of something for me? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Ok. When you can get to the vehicle, open the hood, and then open the fuse panel in the engine compartment. On the lif of the fuse panel there are identifications for the various fuses in the panel. Locate the following fuse, and pull it out: ETCS

This is the fuse for the electronic throttle control system. If this fuse is blown, the car will not accelerate. Sometimes, when replacing the battery, this fuse will blow. Please chack this fuse. Replace it with one of rhe three spares fuses in the panel if the fuse is blown. If the fuse is blown, replacement of the fuse should restore your acceleration.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When changing that fuse the engine light and the Abs light will go off also

If the engine light is on, it is because there is no power to the throttle control motor.

The engine light will go off, but it may not go off right away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very very much. I will contact you again when I am having problem again

You are very welcome; glad to help. A positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you