cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Tehnician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing all makes and models of cars and trucks.
36867192

My is ***** ***** and I have problem starting my 2010 prius

Customer Question

Customer: my is ***** ***** and I have problem starting my 2010 prius
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my mechanic just replace a battery on my car and now it wont start. the dashboard is lighting up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I really need to get it done ASAP
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 1 year ago.

The anti theft system has been triggered on the vehicle, it will have to be flashed by Toyota in order to reinitialize the anti theft system, Next time tell your mechanic to provide voltage to the computer thru the cigarette lighter or power port prior to replacing the battery, this will keep the computer energized and avoid reflash from having to performed. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not ,please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given until you are completely satisfied with my answers.