Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

I just purchased a 2005 4 Runner Sport Edition with 129,000

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2005 4 Runner Sport Edition with 129,000 miles. It has not been driven hard or off-road. The vehicle rides a little rough which I expected and am okay with because it is a truck. I heard a clunky sound from the front axle area and the back seems to hit the bumps hard. I had new strut/coil assembly on the front but now the back axle area really seems to hit the bumps harder than before. Suggestion please about my next step to repair the rear.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

1st thing to check is the state of the tyre pressures as if not correct then vehicle won't ride correctly

Next try checking that all the main suspension pivot points have been tightened with the car on its wheels not in the air as this can add a lot of friction to the suspension and lastly check that the brakes aren't binding at all as this too can make the ride very jerky and bouncy /

also check that all the suspenion joints move freely with no binding

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just paid $53.00 the first time around, now $20.00 for what answer?