Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

2000 Toyota tundra pulls a 300 code,also1305,1310,1320 1340

Customer Question

2000 Toyota tundra pulls a 300 code,also1305,1310,1320 1340 changed out 1 of coils no help
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The P0300 misfire code, and the 1305/10/20/40 are usually attributed to coil issues. On this ignition system, all of the coils share a common ground circuit. The voltage in the coil is prevented from entering the ground circuit via a diode inside the coil. If any of the diodes are bad, they leak voltage into the ground circuit. This is also very common with older and especially non-factory coils. When voltage leaks into the ground circuit, you get coil codes. The problem is finding the bad one. If #2 coil has a faulty diode, there might be no number 2 coil code, but, cylinders 3, 4 and 5 could have coil codes because the computer is seeing the problem only after the #2 coil fires. If this vehicle was in our shop we would be switching coils around until we reduced the code count and then replace that particular coil.

.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer