Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

I wanted to know if it is possible left vvt valve to cause a

Customer Question

Hello, i wanted to know if it is possible for the left vvt valve to cause a missfire in the 1,3,5 cylinder?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcoem to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Yes, the V V T valve can and will cause a misfire if it is malfunctioning. This allows oil pressure to get the the V V T controller gear which changes the valve timing. This change results in misfires on one side of the engine; in this case 1, 3 and 5. What you probably have, if the valve is new, and OK is a stuck V V T controller gear.

Stuck V V T controllers are rather common. To change it, though, is a rather involved process. Not something I would try in the driveway. This is best left to the professionals.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply; I will be very glad to help you further.

If you do not have any questions, and are satisfied with my input on your request, thanks for choosing Just Answer. It was a pleasure to assist you today. I trust my input to your request is satisfactory to you and meets your expectations.

A positive rating would be greatly appreciated for my assistance on your inquiry.

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answer

Thanks in advance and thank you again for choosing Just Answe