Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2011 Toyota ghlander Hybrid. I just got back home

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. I just got back home from vacation and tried to start the car which has been sitting in my garage for the last four weeks. The car would not start. There are no signs of charge in the battery - power locks will not work, interior lights do not go on, alarm light does not work, etc. How do I jump start the vehicle? The guide in the Owners Manual did not help - I was unable to locate the dedicated positive terminal it described. The picture that is in the manual shows a small post, but it is too small for jumper cables to connect to.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the 12 volt battery is dead, it should be under the hood, have you tried jumping it directly from there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sort of. I reviewed the Owner's Manual and followed the steps for connecting to a good vehicle to get a charge. From what I can tell, there is place inside the relay/fuse box that I am supposed to connect to but it is too small for jumper cables so I am not sure if that is actually the location. I connected to the small metal piece attached to the post inside of the fuse box and ran the good car for 15 minutes and nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it in the trunk? If it is, I am not sure how to get to it since the trunk door is closed and I cannot seem to open it without power.
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 year ago.

The 12 volt auxiliary battery is located under the hood directly behind the passenger headlight, you can jump it there. I just double checked the manual.