Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I allso have problems with ace brakes. the petal is going

Customer Question

Customer: hi. I allso have problems with hiace brakes. the petal is going all the way to the floor. have done ewerything. last step the vacum booster
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: with running engine the brake pedal is going all the way to the floor. have changed the master cylinder, checked the vacuum, turn on the back brakes but still, bleed it several times,but still is going all the way to the floor.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $20) to post your type of question to Toyota Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Have the brake calipers been replaced?

Have you done a brake hose clamp test yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i push the pedal then the brakes start to take in the end and if i pump a littel then they start to take from the top,but then the brake warning light starts to flach
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is this your personal vehicle or are you trying to diagnose for someone else? I am asking this to find out if you know what other brake work has been performed recently, as well as whether this started before or after recent brake work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it my personal van... recently just changed the master cilinder and nothing else. but still.....
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, we need to do a brake hose clamp test. You will need brake hose clamps for this. Place a clamp about midway up on each rubber brake hose at front and rear brakes. Crank engine and test the brake pedal. It should be firm. If not, either air in the system still, or faulty abs hydraulic unit if equipped with abs, or if not equipped with abs, faulty proportioning valve.

If brake pedal is firm, then starting at the rear, remove one clamp at a time and retest pedal. At whichever wheel you remove the clamp and the pedal drops to the floor, that is the problem area - faulty caliper or wheel cylinder

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I'll try.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, sounds good. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the USA so I probably wont be online as I have family coming over for the day

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. One more thing. If i take of the vacuum pipe,then is the pedal stif and can not push it all the way down.
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

That is because it loses power assist and turns the pedal stiff. that is a normal reaction

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks