Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

We have a gh mileage 92 Previa Van that got bumped when a

Customer Question

We have a high mileage 92 Previa Van that got bumped when a guy could not see us as he was backing his trailer. The hood is dented and the frame that holds the hood latch mechanism was bent back approximately 1 - 2". There is no signs of broken fasteners or sheared metal at the fasteners. I think I could bend the frame back with the tools I have.
My question: Is there some sort of a measurement reference to know when we are in spec?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately Toyota does not offer any alignment measurements for the hood and or the latch assembly and about all you can do is to pull the bent pieces out till they align with each other and the hood closes around the latch and locks. The other option would be to replace all the bent parts with new straight parts which would give you proper alignment as well once properly installed.